Manpower are recruiting for a Junior Researcher for our large multi-national client based in Central London. This role is well suited to someone with limited office experience or a graduate looking for the next step in their career. This is a great opportunity to join an established company who will train and develop you. This company always look to promote from within and there are a wide range of career progression opportunities for you.
This role is looking to be filled ASAP, the process will be quick and straightforward. For the foreseeable future the role will be carried out remotely, looking to the medium-long term the role will likely undertake a flexible/hybrid approach.
Ensuring a first class customer and candidate experience through verifying standard education, employment, and reference information as well as conducting credit, criminal and database checks in line with qualitative and quantitative performance
targets for the role, utilising available resources such as telephone or electronic processes in a professional and timely manner, adhering to company policies and procedures in order to help candidates get hired.
- Ensures that duties are carried out professionally and in line with the priority to help candidates get hired,
- Quickly and effectively researches and verifies facts provided by candidates of clients to ensure the screening process is completed in a timely manner,
- Verifies candidates employment history,
- Communicates with candidates, with tact and diplomacy, to obtain missing information or to clarify details as quickly as possible,
- Maintains regular contact and supports candidates to assist them throughout the screening process where necessary,
- Collaborates with other teams to keep clients informed of issues throughout the screening process,
- Reviews and maintains a good understanding of service level agreements and performs work in accordance with clients requirements.
What We Need From You...
- GCSE's in English and maths are required, the higher education level the better - Degree- level Preferred
- Computer literate with specific experience of using Microsoft Office and email proficiently;
- Confident with telephone communications, including chasing for information whilst maintaining good clients/candidates relations but robustly to be able to close tasks off
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Ability to communicate written and verbally in English with fluency and in a polite way
What You Get In Return...
- A competitive salary of up to £21,000
- 20 days annual leave + 8 days Bank Holiday
- A contributory pension scheme
- Excellent training and career progression
- The ability to work flexibly (at least for the foreseeable future - Q2 2022)
- Life Assurance
- Eye Test and Glasses
- Season Ticket Loan
If this role appeals to you, let us know and apply!