An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client, the powerhouse behind PG Tips, Persil, Comfort, Surf and Ben & Jerry's, are currently seeking a Category Manager based in Leatherhead. This is a full-time temporary role for 12 months, with the possibility of going perm for the right candidate. Working 36.25-hour week, paying up to a maximum of £48500 per annum pro rata.
About the Tea Business
Our client is proud of its Tea business, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. Recently, the client decided to separate the Tea business to ensure it can best achieve its potential. Our client is currently reviewing several options for separation, including a demerger, an initial public offering, a disposal or through partnership models. The Tea businesses in India and Indonesia, and the partnership interests in the ready-to-drink Tea joint ventures will be retained.
The current vision for the Tea company is to champion a tastier, healthier, more sustainable world of plant-based drinking. Purposeful thinking will be the core anchor of the business, its brands as well as its culture, and enables simple and agile decision making, supports an entrepreneurial mindset and is driven by passion for our consumers.
An externally facing role which is about building collaborative relationships with our UK retailers to drive long term and sustainable category growth. You will support the development of joint category plans and strategies that deliver mutual growth for our retailers and for the client. Influencing our retailers through providing best in class customer and shopper insight which will inform range assortment, merchandising as well as price and promotional recommendations.
- Build collaborative and independent relationships with key retailer stakeholders (buyers, merchandisers) to become a trusted partner
- Analysis and interpretation of multiple customer and shopper data sources to generate actionable insights on category risks and opportunities
- Deliver Category range review recommendations which focus on the optimal assortment and merchandising supported by clear insight and rationale across priority customers
- Deliver key category/customer reporting and ad hoc analysis as required
- Building network of relationships internally with key stakeholders (CMD, CCD, CD, Marketing)
- Line management responsibility for x1 Category ExecKey Skills Required:
- Proven experience in a category or relevant CD/Insight's roles.
· Communication skills
· Relationship building
· High level of curiosity and drive to understand the 'what' and 'why'
· Analytically minded
· Good working knowledge of excel
· High level of presentation skills
· Influencing skills through story telling
· Ability to conflicting demands and adapt to changing priorities
· Experience using Kantar, Nielsen and retailer data systems is preferred but not essential.