Customs Officer X2 FTC 1 Year
Manpower are recruiting for a Customs Officer for our client based in Stevenage. They are a well-established firm who are looking to bring some their customs operation in-house to add to their busy logistics department. To do so they are looking for an experienced logistics professional who can be part of a small team.
The role holder will liaise and work closely with their export control team, shipping team, local customs officers and freight forwarders to efficiently Import and Export their products to both Europe and the rest of the world.
You will be responsible for running a bonded warehouse and IPR/OPR procedures, as well as consolidating and controlling all customs entries. Collaborating with the supplier/customer is a big part of the job and having the skill to manage several projects at once will stand you in good stead.
This role is a 1 year Fixed Term Contact, with the likelihood of going permanent afterwards.
What We Need From You....
- Detailed knowledge of UK Customs entries (IPR/ OPR and customs warehousing) Import / Export legislation and processes
- At least 2 years relevant experience
- Ability to adapt style of communication to ensure effective delivery of service to internal and external Customers
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload
- Knowledge and experience to contribute towards the transformation of bringing customs clearances in-house
What You Get In Return....
- A competitive salary of £27,000-£30,000
- Generous Bonus scheme based on both individual and company performance
- Career progression and to be supported with training both in house and external
- 20 days annual leave + 8 days Bank Holiday (rises with service)
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- The ability to work flexibly, you are contracted 37.5h can choose to work whichever hours between 6am-7pm Monday-Friday
If this role appeals to you, let us know and apply!