Class 2 HIAB Driver
£27,000 to £28,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Bicester (Option to change base location to Milton Keynes or Banbury if more convenient)
Wincanton are looking for Class 2 HIAB Drivers who have a passion for customer service to join our team in the Bicester area carrying out home deliveries for our Wickes contract.
- From £27,000 (if training required) to £28,000 per annum (with full experience)
- £13.80 per hour (with full experience)
- Monday - Friday
- 1 in 3 Saturdays on a rota basis (Monday off instead)
- Start time 07.00
- 8 - 12 drops per day
- Annualised Hours Contract - Average 39 hours per week
- Overtime paid at basic hourly rate
- 30 days holiday (inclusive of 5 x Bank Holidays)
- Xmas Day, Boxing Day and NY Day are not working days
- Uniform and PPE
- Access to pension scheme
- Share incentive plan
Delivering building products to customer residences using a C5+E Allmi (Brick Grab) HIAB. No manual handing is required.
- Drive Company vehicles and operate Company equipment in a safe and professional manner in accordance with Company policies, procedures and legislation
- Comply with the vehicle security and standing procedure at all times
- Carry out vehicle and auxiliary equipment checks prior to the operation of any vehicle, reporting any defects immediately
- Report any delivery issues or exceptions in a timely manner
- This role requires the ability to self-manage and use initiative for solving problems as you will be remotely managed.
- Responsible for the Health and Safety of themselves and others, adhering to safe working practices and the Health & Safety at Work Act, including accident, incident and damage reporting
Experience and Qualifications
- Must hold a valid in date Class 2 licence
- Must hold a Valid Digital Tachograph Card
- Must hold a full Driver Qualification Card (Driver CPC)
- Ideally will have 6 months minimum Class 2 driving experience however new passes with solid driving work experience on other categories of licence will be considered.
- Ideally will hold a C5+E Allmi (Brick Grab) HIAB qualification but other HIAB certs will be considered, and upskilling offered.
- Will potentially consider training experienced Class 2 Drivers with no HIAB cert
- Have a positive, flexible attitude to work.
- Competent on using technology needed for the role as will be supervised remotely and daily schedules will be received electronically
- Good timekeeper, with the ability to work unsupervised
- DBS check will be undertaken
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.