Project Manager - Construction & Building Services
RNAD Coulport nr Helensburgh
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 plus package
About the role:
Here at Babcock International we are looking to recruit an experienced construction delivery professional to join us in our Infrastructure Development team as a Project Manager to manage the delivery of a portfolio of building and civils and M&E projects across the RNAD Coulport estate.
Reporting to the Programme Manager, the Project Manager is accountable for delivery of their allocated part of the programme. This consists of managing a high number of projects at high values themselves, which will be of high complexity and sensitivity, whilst also allocating related projects of increasingly lesser value and complexity to the Project Controllers and Project Engineers that work with them. You will review the progress made against the projects owned by the Project Controller and Project Engineer and will provide them with support, advice and guidance to assist the overall delivery to cost, quality and schedule of combined parts of the team's section of the programme.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Concept - technical design
- Definition approval - Stakeholder Management
- Implementation - Commercial contract management
- Implementation - Project Approval process
- Implementation - Managing Contractors
- Reporting Project Performance (Internal and External reporting)
- Project Handover and Closure
- Task Management of Programme Section
What do I need to do the role?
- We are looking to speak with Projects Managers, Surveyors or Clerk of Works who have proven experience in the delivery of construction focused workstreams.
- Must be good at working effectively as an individual or in teams; flexibly and resourcefully.
- Proven experience of managing projects or sub-contractors work packages
- Experience and familiarisation of modern Project Management Methodologies e.g. Prince2, APM, PMI would be beneficial but full training will be given in APM project management
- Experience and familiarisation of Project Management toolsets e.g. MS Project
- Good Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Budget Control to ensure that the Project is delivered to cost, as well as Risk Management to evaluate impact on Project Delivery
What else do I need to know?
- This role will be based at RNAD Coulport nr Helensburgh
- Due to the nature of this site all applicants must be able to gain and maintain UK SC level security clearance.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
We are committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You will benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
If you are currently employed by Babcock, please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.