CLASS 2 ADR driver
Hours: The shift pattern is typically 6am start various finish times. Monday - Friday plus alternate Saturday shifts when demand is high. Some early starts may also be required during peak periods due to business need, so flexibility is required.42.5 hours week.
Pay is £14.85 per hour , with overtime paid £22.28 ( + annual bonus up to £1200)
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Co-operate fully with the Company to fulfil its legal obligations and develop a positive safety culture by taking care of driver's own Health & Safety, and that of anyone affected by his/her actions, as well as reporting any hazards/ defects or shortcomings in Health and Safety to line management.
- Be fit and available to drive all company commercial vehicles for which they are suitably trained.
- Deliver company product in a safe, effective, efficient manner and in accordance with acceptable Customer Service Standards.
- Be fully aware of the major risks and be compliant with safety procedures which apply on all company owned and customer sites to avoid safety incidents.
- Provide accurate written and numerical information as necessary when completing company documentation.
- Report all vehicle, tank, customer, third party and personal injuries or damage to line management, with particular emphasis on vehicle defect forms.
- Undertake any training required to meet appropriate legislative or business requirements.
- Operate within the law and in accordance with company policies, procedures and instructions at all times.
- The job holder is responsible for co-operating fully with the Company in fulfilling its legal obligations, under the Health & Safety at Work Act and for carrying out his/her duties as laid down in the Company's Health & Safety Policy document.
- Carry out additional tasks that in the judgement of management are within the job holder's capabilities and are required to meet the needs of the business.
The successful candidate:
- Must hold a current LGV Class 2 (Category C) driving licence
- A current ADR Vocational Training Certificate
- Minimum ADR requirement is Class 2 in Gases
- You should be fully conversant with tachographs and driver hour's legislation, in addition to the details contained within the Client's LGV drivers manual.
- You will also need to demonstrate a high level of safety awareness at all times.
- Customer focused, you should have a flexible approach to your hours of work and be prepared to work weekends and public holidays as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Be provided with full training and PPE
If you are successful in being offered this role, you will be required to carry out pre-employment checks including: 5 year address history, 3 year employment history, criminal record check, and driving licence verification and be medically fit to work.
We look for people who are open minded, embrace new ways of working, step out of their comfort zone seek out new opportunities and look to continuously learn.
If this sounds like you, please apply! We look forward to hearing from you!