An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client, the powerhouse behind Persil, Comfort, Surf and Ben & Jerry's, are currently seeking a Credit Control Specialist, based at their Leatherhead site, but to commence working from home. This is a part-time (3 days per week) temporary to run until March 2022, 37.5 hour week, paying £28,000-£34,000 per annum pro rata.
This role follows credit and audit procedures ensuring order continuity, accurate documentation and working communication across the Order to Cash department whilst activity working with the outsourced shared service functions. You will be required to focus on the cash flow into the business and ensuring invoices are paid on time. There will be a strong emphasis on building and managing relationships with Supply Chain, Finance, Trade Term Specialists, Pricing and Master Data teams.
* To lead for zero customer overdues across all channels within scope of the accounts assigned to the credit controller.
* To improve working capital through management of customer payment performance and trade term compliance.
* Minimise impact on Bad Debt Provision.
* Work with the shared service teams to ensure effective and aligned communication so that deliverables are met. Task include but not limited to account reconciliation, cash allocation and issue of customer statements in a timely manner.
* Collaborate with shared service and other internal functions to ensure that customer claims are recorded within SLA's set and support the resolution of deductions on customer accounts.
* Ensure accurate and timely month end reporting.
* Support first line investigation and resolution of EDI issues.
* To ensure all documentation is correct and accessible for audit purposes
* To produce a weekly tracker and reports for the business
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
* Be able to build relationships and gain the trust of the key stakeholders
* Have a high level of accuracy and be able to spot/challenge when errors are being made.
* Being able to hold ourselves and others accountable
* Be able to communicate with key stakeholders on an ongoing basis to ensure we get the best outcome from each situation
KEY EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
* Credit Control and account reconciliation experience required.
* Understanding of sales, end to end supply chain and other key functions across the business.
* Experience of balance sheet review, sales ledger, and cash collection processes.
* Continuous improvement mindset.
* Experienced user of SAP preferable.
* Excel to an intermediate level (Pivot's and V Lookups).