I am currently recruiting for an excellent permanent position at a fantastic global retail supply company. For the role of Financial Analyst. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward-thinking company with an excellent basic salary of £32-35,000. They prefer accountant and finance candidates from a logistics, manufacturing or production background.
This role involves:
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Monthly overhead analysis along with preparation of prepayment, accruals and post month end journals
- Assisting the Finance Director with margin analysis and reports
- Preparation of variance analysis between actuals, budgets and prior year on P&L
- Assist in ensuring that month end reporting deadlines are achieved by the Finance Department
- Manage stock month end processes, maintain standard on the system, stock journals, reconciliations, aged and obsolete stock reports to help drive down obsolete/slow moving stock
- Lead year end stock-take
- Produce KPI reports and monitor results, working closely with Directors and BU Managers
- Drive data analysis and management reporting for the Company
- Assist with annual budget process and quarterly forecast reporting
- Provide cover and assistance for the Management Accountant where necessary
- Undertake additional duties as requested by the Finance Director
Initially it will be on site based for 3 months then a hybrid of site and WFH in the County Durham area.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for using their analytical mindset to analyse and interpret financial data, then relating it to potential business trends and issues. This candidate will feel comfortable using insights they have discovered to communicate important themes and discoveries to company leadership.
Skills and qualifications required:
- Degree (or equivalent) in Finance and Accounting. Experience in manufacturing and production is preferred
- Minimum 3 Year's experience within a finance department of a commercial or industrial entity.
- Understand GAAP in the UK
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to form good working relationships with colleagues both within our organisation and with Group
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for this role. Please apply below for immediate consideration.