Job Title: Team Lead - Development
Benefits: Good pension scheme, Performance bonus, many other company bonuses
My client is the global leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. Contributing to the oil and gas cycle for 100 countries, they design, develop, and deliver a standard of technology that transforms how the process is done. A market specialist in reservoir characterisation, drilling, production, and use of a range of high-end products and services in the industry.
My client requires a Development Team Lead to lead a small team of developers and help contribute to the design and development of one of the industry's leading products. The focus of the team is the delivery commercial software, which supports reservoir engineers working in the energy industry. The successful applicant will be responsible for developing desktop applications and will have some supervisory work as required to direct their team.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Analyse, design, develop and maintain products.
- Participate in technical reviews of requirements, designs, and code, and provide technical support to team members.
- Monitor and guide good working practices relating to QHSE, technical rigor, professional behaviour, and performance of your team.
- With the Project Manager, set annual objectives and perform regular appraisals of performance for the assigned team.
- As a technical advocate, evaluate and champion designs that maximize the value of the product and minimizes the risk and technical debt.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Degree or higher qualification in either Computer Science, or Mathematics, Science or Engineering Discipline with programming experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment, and able to offer technical support and guidance to other team members
- Commercial experience developing in C# and .NET
- Ability to write clean and efficient code, including high quality automated test coverage
- Experience of team leading
- Experience in Java
- Experience in C++
- Experience in WPF
This is a great opportunity to join a global leading company with fantastic prospects.