Job Title: HGV Class 2 Mini Bulk Driver - ADR in Tanks
Annual Leave: 33 days holiday pro rata
Benefits: Premium payments for weekends, death in service benefit
My client is one of the largest LPG suppliers in the UK and has over 30 years' experience providing alternative energy solutions to domestic and commercial customers. Part of DCC plc, a sales, marketing, distribution, and business support services group headquartered. A highly successful business that places people at the heart of our organisation
Reporting to the site manager, you will be responsible for delivering Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) in cylinders to our domestic and commercial customers. This role will include some weekend working as part of a rostered shift pattern
This is more than a driving role. As a Mini Bulk Driver, you will get to realise your love of driving and being on the road every day. Responsible for driving a Class 2 vehicle ensuring that all deliveries of Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) in bulk are on time and safely provided to our domestic and commercial customers. Taking control and accountability for ensuring a great customer experience and maintaining safe practices at all times.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
A focus on attention to detail and ensuring the vehicle is safe and roadworthy by conducting daily vehicle checks
· Managing and communicating with customers and ensuring a high level of service is always received
· Staying in touch with the wider team and willing to help out when needed
· Maintaining safety standards at all times when driving the vehicle and remaining calm in all situations
· Making decisions and solving problems as they arise - thinking methodically through situations and challenges
· Taking accountability for delivering to multiple customers and staying focused on what needs to be achieved in the day
· Loading and unloading the vehicle ensuring safety measures are in place and complied with
· Re-fuelling and loading the vehicle at Supply Points
· Completing all necessary paperwork ensuring accuracy standards are maintained
· Flexible in driving other types of vehicles as required
· Fully complying with road transport, tachograph and WTD regulations
· Adhering to all requisite and customer standards, procedures, and work instructions
Opportunities are potentially available for training and progression and my client is committed to working with our driver teams to ensure everyone has an opportunity to reach their career goals.
This job description is for guidance purposes and the role holder will be expected to do any other tasks as is reasonably expected of them.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- LGV Class 2 licence and an ADR in Tanks with minimum class 2 gases
- Driver CPC
- Valid Drivers Digital Tachograph Card with sound knowledge of driving hours and tachograph regulations
- Resilience and a calm and considered approach in all situations
- Communicate with the wider team and stay flexible to help out when needed
· Willingness to learn new ways of doing things and adapt to new processes and procedures as they arise
· A Criminal (DBS) Check will apply to this post..