I have a superb opportunity for a Commercial SME Manager to work for a large plastics manufacturing company based near Preston, Lancashire. The company provides a range of bags & covers, sheets and reels of film for a wide range of its customer base across the UK.
About the role:
- Overseeing the day-to-day Warehouse and logistics duties
- Manage the teams, ensuring inventory damage / loss is always kept to a minimum.
- Working with key stakeholders both internally and externally including; Directors, Transport, Finance, HR, Clients and Suppliers.
- You will ensure risk is effectively managed through compliance with all company policies including Health and Safety as well as operating within legal and regulatory requirements.
- You will input in an informed and accurate way into budgeting and forecasting site performance and control costs.
- You will ensure that the necessary resources are in place to enable the delivery of targets through forward planning and effective management of resources.
- You will monitor and support your team providing regular communications, encouraging feedback and contribution of ideas and initiatives.
- Be responsible for performance development, performance improvement / challenges and HR related issues up to disciplinary and dismissal.
- An SME Production/Manufacturing background with proven success in implementing change, managing teams, achieving growth, and profit targets.
- Confidence through knowledge, experience, and personal style, in addition to a passion for service and strong customer focus.
- The capability to manage multiple priorities and work to critical deadlines and objectives.
- A supportive leadership style balanced with an ability to drive performance to achieve objectives, will demonstrate previous success in leading operations teams.
- Clear communication and excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Commercial awareness with the ability to deliver benefit against budget.
- A high degree of integrity, honesty, and initiative in everything you do.
- I.T skills - ability to use given software correctly and accurately to improve efficiency of our processes.
- Adaptability with strong organisational and planning skills, backed up by excellent problem-solving skills.
£35,000 - £40,000 working 40 hours per week Mon-Fri, plus extensive benefits.
** If the opportunity is of interest please click apply below **