Purchasing/Buying Co-ordinator required to work on a full-time basis within the purchasing team at our client based in Bamber Bridge.
The role is initially a temporary role with a view to leading to a permanent contract.
Experience working within a Purchasing/buying environment would be advantageous
Hours: Full time 35 hours a week working Monday to Friday.
Location: Bamber Bridge with free on-site parking
- Working efficiently to tight timescales to ensure deadlines are met
- Close working relationships to be maintained and developed with suppliers
- Negotiate with current and new suppliers to achieve best possible prices
- Provide admin support to various depts
- Work with the current buyers to support with improvement targets on cost control, quality improvement and lead time.
- Management of a complex workload
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Resolution of invoice queries
- Raise purchase approval forms onto the internal purchasing system and placing orders with the suppliers
- Raising invoices for payment
- Taking deliveries and GRN/goods receipting orders
- Liaising with accounts payable regarding invoices
- To undertake any other duties as necessary within the Procurement/Buying Department
Knowledge & Skills:
- Able to work efficiently to tight timescales in an environment requiring attention to detail
- Professional and Ethical in approach
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Good understanding of purchasing/buying would be advantageous
- Knowledge of SAP would also be advantageous
- Excellent analytic and communication skills
- Result driven
Should you be interested in this role then please click apply now!