Manpower UK are recruiting on behalf of our highly reputable client for 1st Line Support Analysts to join a successful team in Reading. Our client can offer excellent development and a successful career path for the right candidate.
Working within our clients Valuation Services (LVS) Service Desk team, the IT Support Analyst must ensure customer enquiries and incidents are resolved in a timely and professional manner, delivering a world class customer service experience. You will ensure the internal system is used to record and control all service desk contact, with the accurate prioritisation, investigation, and resolution of incidents. Additionally, you will be required to assist the 2nd Line, DevOps and Development teams with the investigation of customer-affecting bugs and issues. You will also be a key contributor to knowledge enhancement by proactively creating and updating knowledge base articles to improve fault resolution at 1st Line.
You will be a strong communicator with high attention to detail, ideally with previous experience in a technical service desk role. We are looking for somebody who has an interest in Application Support or Software Development career paths.
You will also have/be:
- Minimum A-level standard or equivalent.
- Highly analytical with excellent organisation and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to take ownership of issues and manage progress until resolved.
- Ability to actively listen and understand user requirements and translate into technical solutions.
- Customer service experience
Desirable but not essential:
- CompTIA A+ or equivalent.
- ITIL v3 Foundation or previous Service/Support Desk experience
- Basic Windows troubleshooting skills.
- Basic networking troubleshooting skills (LAN/WAN, IPs, internet, etc).
- IT security (firewalls, anti-virus, etc).
- Experience of technical authoring both internal (knowledge base) and customer-facing support documentation or articles.
Hours for the opportunity are based on a 7 x week Rota - see details below:
(5 x weeks core hours, 1 x week early shift, 1 x week late shift)
Core Hours - office based
Monday to Friday for 5 x weeks
09:00 - 17:30
1 x week out of 7 - early shift and Saturday
07:00 - 14:30 Monday to Friday
07:00 - 12:00 Saturday
1 x week out of 7 - late shift - Home working
14:30 - 23:00 Monday to Friday
Should you be interested in this opportunity, please forward your CV in the first instance.