Multidrop Van Driver, Retail Sector.
Temp to perm contract on offer!
times: 8am - 5pm
We are hiring a multi-drop van driver for our client based in Salford on a 12 week temporary basis, moving to a permanent contract with the client upon completion.
You'll be delivering paint and decorating supplies to decorators and trade customers via a planned route within a given area. Multi-drop experience is essential as there could be anything between 5 and 15 drops a day (depending on demand and the areas). Retail experience is also desirable.
You must have good customer service skills (engaging directly with customers) and will also need a flexible attitude to assist with other duties to make up their hours (i.e. loading/unloading/sending delivery notes/cleaning the vehicles).
You must have a full UK Driving Licence with less than 6 points.
It is essential that drivers are flexible to support with additional duties, as listed below:
- load vehicles
- drive vehicles
- offload vehicles
- check goods delivered against advice note and obtain signature from customer
- check vehicle for road-worthiness daily
- wash and tidy vehicle
- carry out routine basic maintenance, e.g. top up radiator, battery, pump up tyres etc.
- complete EEC "30 day Record Book" daily
- complete Company form CS3 (Vehicle Operation Record)
- liaise with office staff
- carry out general warehouse/store duties during periods when not occupied in driving duties
Interested? Apply here or call Jimmy at Manpower, Manchester!