Class 1 Bulk Tank Driver
£11.76 per hour
Are you looking for a permanent driving role which is Monday to Friday with bank holidays and Christmas off, then we have the job for you!
If you are at the start of your HGV driving career and are looking for an opportunity to develop experience, then why not join our team and our New and Inexperienced Driver Programme.
Wincanton are recruiting Class 1 LGV Bulk Tank Drivers, to join our Breedon Cement contract, parking location in Widnes.
New Drivers considered!
* £11.76 per hour
* Start times between 04:00 - 06:00
* Monday - Friday +1 Saturday in 4 (rota)
* Flexible to night out
* Overtime available
Premiums and Overtime:
* £17.64 - Saturday rate
* £23.52 - Sunday & Bank holiday rate
* Bank holidays worked is a day off in lieu
* £25.00 per night out allowance
* Permanent 48 hour a week contract
* Essential DCPC training
* Full bulk tanker training provided
* 24 days + bank holidays paid holiday entitlement
* A Week off at Christmas
* Lunar Pay (13 pay dates)
* Full uniform provided
* Company pension scheme
* Childcare vouchers
* RAC discount
* High street, Online Stores and Restaurant Discounts
* For every driver that you refer, you can earn an impressive £1,000
* You will support several depots to deliver bulk cement to manufacturing and ready-mix/aggregate sites.
* Flexible to night out a minimum 2 nights per week.
* You will be responsible for the accurate and timely movement and delivery of our customers' products, servicing the Construction sector.
* Ensuring all documentation is completed accurately with attention to detail.
* Adhering to safe working practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times.
* Complying with all relevant legislation in line with Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive requirements (opt out available).
* Keep truck clean at all times.
Experience and Qualifications
* Must hold a valid LGV Class 1 licence
* Must hold a valid Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (DCPC Card)
* Must hold a Digital Tachograph card
* Must not have more than 6 points on your licence
* New drivers considered! You can join our New and Inexperienced Driver Programme
* Ideally 12 months Class 1 driving experience desired, but not essential
* Must be fully flexible on working hours.
* Possess excellent customer facing awareness.
* Good timekeeper and able to work unsupervised.
* Enthusiastic and reliable with a commitment to delivering 1st class customer service.
* Must have good communication skills and a flexible 'can do' attitude to work.
* Must have a good geographical knowledge.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton Driver of the Year
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.