Job Title Planned Works Liaison Officer
Overall Purpose: Through effective face-to-face contact with customers, provide support and assistance with all matters relating to the provision of efficient and effective improvement works.
Responsibilities & Outcomes Skills / Experience General Role Expectations
- Ensure customers are clear about the programme of work to be undertaken
and act as a liaison point for all communications relating to the programmed
- Identify and escalate any specialist requirements that the customer may
need during their bathroom and/or kitchen and/or other replacement work.
- Provide appropriate choices and information on the replacement works
before, during and after the work.
- Support the Service Manager and Working Supervisors to achieve great
- Lead on communications with customers and liaise with any appropriate
third party, who may be assisting or supporting the customer, this may be a
family member, social worker or support group.
- Coordinate access for works to customer's homes during the replacement
- Help to gain customer satisfaction feedback on completion of work and
respond efficiently to complaints and requests for service.
- Inform Service Managers of customers' concerns and positive feedback so
that lessons may be learnt.
- Help to ensure that the customer experience is safe and positive by
identifying potential risks and escalating these to the Service Manager.
- Ensure that due regard is given to the safety, vulnerability and diversity of
customers, as work is planned and delivered.
- Support the protection and safety of our customers by identifying
safeguarding concerns and following the safeguarding procedures, making
- Customers will be satisfied with the works undertaken, and communication
between customers and stakeholders is effective.
- Site operations and activities are communicated to the relevant
- Complaints are responded to effectively and lessons learned used to
improve future projects.
- Maintenance and reinvestment projects will be delivered on time and within
- Customer information and systems will accurately reflect customer profiles.
- Effective links and relationships will be in place with external stakeholders
- Compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements, policies and
- A robust and pro-active approach to Health and Safety and Risk.
- Safeguarding concerns, suspicions or allegations of abuse are recorded and
sent to Tenancy Enforcement.
- Significant experience in direct customer contact and query
- Excellent problem analysis and solving skills.
- Proven experience of providing excellent and proactive customer
- Able to communicate, influence and negotiate effectively with
internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to deal effectively with complaints and customer feedback as
part of a team.
- Awareness of Health & Safety legislation and policy.
- Good oral and written communications.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrate the Company Behaviours.
- Previous work on large re-investment projects.
- Understanding the context of social housing.
- Experience of administrative systems and procedures.
- Experience in the use of Accu Serv.
- Assigned and accountable for specific areas of responsibility
- Performs a range of tasks which vary in complexity within scope
of their function
- Makes decisions within parameters set by manager, using
- Has regular communication with internal/external contacts and
builds relationships required to deliver priorities
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to deliver accountabilities
- May prioritise and oversee activities of others to meet required
deadlines and standards
- Coaches inexperienced team members
- Provides first level advice and support for others
- May manage or support consistency of the employment
experience in own area
Impact & Influence:
- Decides within a range of solutions/practices which are the
- Actions have predominantly local or internal impact on one or a
small number of individuals
- Required to share knowledge and experience with others
- Adapts own behaviour to influence colleagues/peers
- Assists in the identification, assessment and resolution of a
range of issues/problems
- Required to assess and resolve standard/ non-standard
issues/problems, largely on own initiative
- Implements procedures to ensure continuous improvement
- Respects and values customers, both internal and external, and
demonstrates our commitment to high quality customer service
in all that is done.