An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company is currently seeking an Infrastructure Support Specialist (Data Centre Cabling Engineer) based on their customer site in Slough This is a full-time, permanent role working Monday - Friday 7.00am - 9.00pm Split Shift Saturday 8.00am-5.00pm. The role is paying between £25,000- £26,000 per annum depending on experience to start ASAP
*Security Clearance will take place for successful candidate*
An opportunity for a cabling engineer with intermediate experience to join a busy team responsible for the daily operations of a large Enterprise Data Centre for a leading financial services client.
The role consists of all aspects relating to server and network LAN and SAN patching as well as fiber and copper cable infrastructure installations for various projects within the business. The role requires incident management and any incident management knowledge would be advantages.
The successful candidate will receive in depth training of the site-specific procedures and cable installation best practices. They should be able to approach their tasks logically and have an attention to detail. There will be an expectation for the individual to gain the required knowledge in a timely manner so the ability to communicate clearly and display a positive attitude whilst under pressure is essential
* Installation, termination and testing of all data centre cabling (CAT-6 6A, fibre optic)
* Fault- finding of network cabling within Datacentre, able to trace and test connections and resolving issues. Fibre Optic termination testing and fault-finding with OTDR, Fluke testing equipment. Additional training provided if needed
* Smart Hands support of LAN & WAN Infrastructure components, structured cabling, VOIP telephone systems and voice recording for offsite teams
* Managing Patch schedules for new server installations, patch cables are installed- labelled and tested according to work order requests
* Ability to order and manage stock, keeping an up to date inventory of all cabling and peripherals.
* Liaise with the Cabling Team Lead and schedule cabling infrastructure works according to prioritization and projects
Essential Skills and Experience
* The ideal candidate will need to have some knowledge of data cabling ideally with proven experience of (CAT-6 6A, and fiber optic), able to terminate patch panels. Additional training will be provided
* Have some knowledge of Fiber Optic terminating testing and fault-finding with OTDR and Fluke testing equipment desirable.
* Some knowledge of cabling products and manufacturer's i.e. Systemax, Commscope, Corning, etc.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of data cabling infrastructure
- Knowledge of end user ticketing tools advantages, such as SNOW including updating -forwarding and closing of tickets
- Excel and Office 365 desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer orientation, self-motivation, and the ability to work in a team are important
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Positive attitude, ready to help all support teams with cabling related issues