The Project Support officer will manage the effective and efficient provision of professional support services to Programme Directors within the Delivery Directorate as well as providing ad hoc support to the wider teams. He or she is expected to act primarily on their own initiative ensuring the smooth operation of the office and effectively managing senior stakeholder requirements. The role may require additional administrative responsibilities.
This role is full time and will be predominately WFH with occasional visits to the office.
- To be responsible for diary and itinerary management of senior team and preparation of meeting packs
- To liaise closely with counterparts in other locations and command centres to support effective interaction and collaboration
- To be responsible for the management, organisation and filing of electronic and physical documents and records as appropriate
- Record and produce minutes for key business meetings as necessary
- Maintain data/records so that information is readily available and easily accessible
- Provide office services such as reprographics, binding etc.
- Arrange meetings and co-ordinate the booking of rooms, arrange travel, accommodation, pool/hire vehicles and hospitality as required
- Keep in touch with the team members when they are out of the office and report issues/ take actions for response as appropriate
- Respond to phone/email enquiries to/ from wide range of external parties etc
- Prepare letters, documents, ensure reports are well presented
- Good organisational skills (flexible/organised/methodical)
- Ability to work independently and be proactive
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills notably with various levels of the organisation and externally
- The ability to work as an integral part of a team contributing to team success, communications and a positive working environment
- Prioritises tasks by importance and deadline. Discerns what is crucial from what is just urgent. Adjusts priorities as situations change.
- Flexible approach with the ability to multi-task and work on own initiative
- Discretion - confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information
- Attention to detail with the ability to effectively manage tasks through to completion
- General administrative/secretarial knowledge producing professional work as well as ability to adapt to new and changing systems (and possibly creating systems)
- Use of Outlook or similar diary/email application; Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio
- Previous team support experience
- Previous experience in the energy, construction industry or project environment
- Ability to speak French would be an advantage
- Educational qualification would be an advantage
Contract terms - Long term temporary