Manpower are recruiting a Medical Secretary for our very valued client.
- You will be a part of the referral team, but must be capable and confident to act as the only secretary in the building at particular times
- You must have a flexible approach to the working day and week in order to meet the needs of the service
- You must preserve confidentiality and be aware of the Data Protection Act.
The post holder will be contributing towards a 'one team culture' throughout the Organisation and promoting a patient centred ethos of "Putting Patients First".
Undertake all GP and Nurse Referrals for all locations, whilst responding to them with a helpful manor
Assist with new clinician's induction in regards to Lexacom / referral process / red and orange buttons
Manage agenda's and take minutes for the weekly clinical meetings, Huddle meetings and any other relevant clinical meetings
- Support GPs typing, sending correspondence ad-hoc
- Manage personal and secretary in-box emails
- Have up to date knowledge of computer systems
- Receive and make telephone calls, using a helpful and problem-solving approach. Re-direct calls and take messages as appropriate
- Inform appropriate staff of any day to day problems, together with any possible solutions
- Use internal and external email and the Internet to keep up to date and to send and receive messages
- Good education with a high level of numeracy and literacy skills
- Typing qualification or experience
- Basic Life Support training technique training
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
- Administration experience
This is a full-time temporary role and you will be required to work 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
This position requires someone with initiative and who is capable of working unsupervised.
This position offers an hourly rate of £10.00. Post is subject to an Enhanced clear DBS check.
Please apply with an up to date CV if you feel you are appropriate for this role.