Our client a leading University are looking for a Catering Assistant to Work in one of there retail units; preparing and serving food in an efficient, polite and friendly manner to customers, adhering to all food regulations and being active in promoting the units and Essex Foods offers
Duties of the Post: The main duties of the post will include:
1. Ability to promote a welcoming environment where colleagues, clients and customers receive great service.
2. Undertake light cooking duties and basic food preparation, ensuring meals are served as required.
3. Operating catering equipment.
4. Carry out stock checks and maintain inventory records of all food store cupboards. Ensure all store cupboards are kept clean and tidy and that all paperwork is up to date.
5. Ordering of stock via stores.
6. General cleaning duties at end of session, including equipment, tables, and customer areas. Ensure the highest level of food hygiene, safety and cleanliness is kept.
7. Serving customers and operating a till.
8. When required assisting the rest of the team in a willing and positive manner.
9. Complying with all hygiene standards.
10. Attending training sessions as required.
12. Adhering to procedures and methods as laid down by the University.