Our client, a leading University are looking for a Purchasing, Stores and Stock Manager to oversee the management and coordination of all food, beverage, cleaning and consumables stock in all Essex Food business units. Ensuring a central procurement policy to give best value for money through economy of scale and prudent purchasing. Ensuring Compliance to all policies and procedures
The main duties of the post will include:
▪ Manage and coordinate the day to day activities and delivery of stock within Essex Food, in conjunction with senior managers, chefs and staff responsible for purchasing, ensuring optimum operational performance is delivered and maintained.
▪ Produce weekly rota for the stores team to meet the demands of the deliveries.
▪ Coordination of a central procurement focus, resulting in economies of scale and best value for money for all units. ▪ Communication with suppliers to ensure strong and beneficial relationships.
▪ Responsible for ensuring the timely and efficient resolution of all stock anomalies - reviewing, analysing and reporting as required.
▪ Identifying procedural non-compliance within the operations, resolving as necessary.
▪ Working with the Retail Operations Manager and Catering Development Manager to improve the departmental stock management and delivery service.
▪ Inventory and price checks - establishing a monitoring schedule and ensuring adherence
▪ Managing the planning, execution and reconciliation of the monthly stock takes, ensuring continuous improvement in gross and net profit results.
▪ Producing detailed reporting to show unit performance to objectives as well as what actions were involved in any improvements.
▪ Providing and updating all procedural documentation required across all units.
▪ Working with the Systems coordinator, for the future smooth implementation of a planned eprocurement system. ▪ Purchase focus to support the university's sustainability policy.
▪ Produce weekly rota for the stores team to meet the demands of the deliveries