SECURE CARE TEAM LEADER
Manpower are recruiting for 4 Secure Care Team Leaders in Milton Keynes for our client who look after children who are being rehabilitated. This role is suitable for a really wide range of individuals. It will be a challenging but incredibly rewarding job. If you have worked in backgrounds such as education, care, retail, coaching or hospitality you will have experiences and attributes which would make you well suited to this role.
If you also have personality characteristics such as empathy, desire to make a positive difference, resilience and strength, patients, helpfulness, compassionate then these are the qualities we are looking for in somebody. These characteristics are much more important than the education or work background you come from.
What separates this role from a Care Officer role is that in addition to all a Care Officer does in addition to some Admin, Team leadership, Planning and more responsibility generally. The role is well suited to someone who has leadership experience, whether that be from a similar setting, warehouse, care, police etc.
Day to day, you will help to create a safe, secure environment for children aged between 12 to 18 years who have been remanded or sentenced to periods of detention. In return, you will receive a secure job and a rewarding career, as well as great training, excellent benefits and the chance to change lives for the better.
Working directly with the children, your responsibilities will include:
- Motivate, support and care for children to provide a stable and secure educational and residential environment which promotes anti-offending behaviour to develop life skills, manage their own behaviour and enhance their effective resettlement on release
- Building mutual trust and respect with the children so that they respond positively and appropriately to information and guidance
- Defining structures and boundaries, and role-modelling positive behaviours, to set clear expectations of the children in our care
- Monitoring and managing the behaviour of the children to minimise incidents and improve standards of behaviour
- Coach, support and develop staff, including supervision, to maximise their performance and ensure high standards of care, values, ethical standards, equality and diversity, policies and procedures, legislation and contractual and inspection framework requirements are met.
- Support the senior management team in the implementation of development strategies promoting a positive approach to ensure the change process is embraced
- Proactively plan each shift, including activities and visits, in order to positively manage children's behaviour. Ensure effective and clear information and handovers with your staff teams so that effective behaviour management, security and safety are maintained
- Participate in the Admission and assessment process of children, paying regard to vulnerability and safety
- Demonstrate the value of education and care to children; through pro-social modelling and ability develop staff skills to change behaviour, encouraging them not to re-offend when released.
- Form trusting, respectful and professional relationships with children, in order that they respond and react appropriately to information and guidance
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed to a high standard, within required timescales and communicated effectively, in order to comply with the Contract and Company Policies and Procedures.
- Facilitate group and individual offending behaviour programmes, complying with training plans and within contractual compliance, in order to reduce offending.
- Liaise effectively and professionally with internal and external agencies, parents and carers, in order to maximise partnership working and positive outcomes for children.
- Its key that you are flexible and adaptable to deal with ever-changing scenarios within the Centre and you will be supported by a committed team at the facility
What You Get In Return...
- Starting salary of £34,000
- Full-Time - average 40 hours per week (shift times vary on either morning, afternoon or days)
- Shift times available are:7.00am-3.15pm or 1.45pm-10.00pm or 4.00pm-10.00pm
- Company Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Free meals on shift
- Monthly shift patterns
- Local Gym discounts and extensive training and development
If this role appeals to you, let us know and apply!