Job Title: Site Manager
Location: Hunterston B, West Kilbride
Business Unit: Cavendish Nuclear
Salary: Competitive Salary & Package
About the role:
Here at Cavendish Nuclear we are looking to recruit an experienced Site / Maintenance Manager to lead our Electrical team at Hunterston B Nuclear Power Station site and to deliver projects, tasks and services as required by EDF.
* Be the focal point for Cavendish Nuclear on the project site - establishing and maintaining effective communications between Cavendish Nuclear and the client.
* Responsible for managing multi-disciplined teams, carrying out various activities, which may include installation, operations, maintenance, commissioning and decommissioning depending on the project site.
* Responsible for leading safe delivery of projects tasks and services to the required time, cost and quality.
* Lead and coordinate Health, Safety, Security, Environmental, and Quality
* Ensure that all employees are aware of their health and safety responsibilities and that the company's and client safety procedures are effectively deployed and implemented.
* Mentoring and development planning of employees.
* Recruitment processing and competency evaluations.
* Plan and monitor project performance in accordance with the company processes and procedures
* Producing reports to Cavendish Nuclear to demonstrate project time and cost performance are controlled ensuring any project issues are mitigated to minimise impact.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
We would like you to be degree educated or hold a related Engineering qualification, with a NEBOSH or IOSH health and safety qualification and knowledge of APM project management methodology.
You will require strong interpersonal skills and effective communication skills, along with experience of managing and delivering projects within a complex environment, experience of deploying teams safely within the engineering construction industry and experience working in a high hazard environment such as Nuclear, Power Generation, PetroChem etc.
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy life cycle.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers site.
Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom.
As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our careers site.