Class 1 Driver (Afternoon/Nights)
£14.77 per hour
Wincanton are looking for a Class 1 Drivers who have a passion for customer service to join our team in Greenford carrying out deliveries for our Waitrose contract.
- £14.77 per hour - basic
- £36,481.90 per annum - basic
- 47.5 hours per week contract
- Any 5 out of 7 starting between 1200 and 0000 (flexible start times)
- £15.93 per hour - hours worked between 1800 and 0400
- £15.98 per hour - hours worked between Saturday 0001 and Sunday 2359
- £17.10 per hour - hours worked on a bank holiday
- £17.14 per hour - hours worked on weekend plus night premium
- £30 - one off payment for 6th shift working on top of hourly rate for shift
- Newly qualified & inexperienced Class 1 drivers will be considered
- Part time opportunities also available
Average earnings of up to £43,000 per annum based on 52.5 hours per week and premiums.
- 28 days holiday
- Uniform and PPE
- Access to pension scheme
- Share incentive plan
- Discounts including breakdown cover, airport parking and EE Network
- Childcare vouchers
- Medical cash plans
- For every driver that you refer, you can earn an impressive £1,000
- Ensuring you are compliant with all relevant legislation in line with Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive
- You will Adhere to Safe Working Practices
- You will commit to safe and efficient handling of vehicles - optimising fuel usage and taking responsibility for the cleanliness of vehicles
- You will also undertake other such duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the Transport function or to support our customer
- Following socially distanced conditions in line with government guidelines regarding Covid-19.
Experience and Qualifications
- Must hold a valid Class 1 licence
- Must hold a valid Digital Tachograph Card
- Must hold a valid Driver Qualification Card (Driver CPC)
- Must have 0 - 6 points on your licence
- Have a positive, flexible attitude to work
- Good timekeeper, with the ability to work unsupervised
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.