About the role
Here at Cavendish Nuclear we are looking to employ an experienced Project Engineer who will be integral to the successful construction of Hinkley Point C as part of the MEH Alliance. The MEH Alliance is a collective of the most esteemed construction, engineering and nuclear organisations joining forces to deliver the largest construction taking place in Europe right now. This is a once in a career opportunity to be a part of the first new nuclear power station to be built in the UK in over 20 years. Hinkley Point C in Somerset will provide low-carbon electricity for around 6 million homes and bring lasting benefits to the UK economy.
The successful candidates will be responsible reviewing emergent engineering tasks and developing a response of seek support from the wider engineering team. In addition to this, monitoring compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications whilst providing and demonstrating a positive HSE leadership, building a strong and compliant HS&E culture throughout the whole construction life cycle of the Project.
- Ensuring all site activities are undertaken safely and responsibly, and in accordance with the CDM Regulations
- Raising requests for information and monitoring progress
- Review engineering deliverables as issued by the client and ensure the team are working to the latest issue
- Support the Site Wide Team as required with emergent and ongoing scope including
- Supporting IT fault reporting
- Management of database including data entry
What do I need to do the role?
- HNC/HND in relevant technical field.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Can achieve Security Clearance (BPSS or Higher)
- 2-4 years' industry experience as a Project Engineer within a major infrastructure project-based environment.
- 5 Years' experience working within large scale projects.
- Experienced in working in a Joint Venture or Alliance environment.
What else do I need to know?
- All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
All applications should be made online using PC, Laptop or Mobile devices. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing Date: 21/09/21