Our client, a leading energy provider is currently recruiting for a Procurement Assistant.
- Place purchase orders and contracts where agreements are not in place through application of the company's Acquire Goods and Services Process (AGS), plus any other legislation, rules and procedures which may apply to ensure that 'value for money' is obtained.
- Ensure correct use of VISA card in accordance with company guidelines and process.
- Ensure that approved suppliers remain in compliance on the company's HICX database.
- Contribute to supplier appraisal, tender preparation, tender assessment, and placement.
- Resolve invoice queries wherever possible to enable prompt payment.
- Produce and compile Management Information for procurement activities at station.
- Communicate at all levels and departments within the business, and to supplier staff, to build effective working relationships.
- Demonstrate/develop a knowledge of the internal business and external marketplace.
- Demonstrate/develop knowledge of the principles of procurement management.
- Promote cross-functional teamwork by acting as a mentor and role model e.g. through raising of commercial awareness across Station, SAP training etc.
- Oversight and management of Training Compliance for the Supply Chain group.
- Perform the role of Corrective Action Programme (CAP) coordinator for the Supply Chain group.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Proficient use of Excel and other Microsoft packages (Word & Outlook) and other systems such as SAP
- Experience in a purchasing environment
- Contract Management
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A Level Minimum
If successful, you will be employed by Manpower working on a temporary assignment at our client's site and will need to undergo security/vetting checks as well as a drug & alcohol test.
Unfortunately, due to the number of CVs received we are unable to contact everyone in person. If you have not heard from Manpower within 15 business days of submitting your application, unfortunately, your application has not been shortlisted on this occasion