An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client, the powerhouse behind Magnum, Solero, Cornetto and Ben & Jerry's, are currently seeking a Logistics Operative, based at Burton upon Trent. This is a full-time temporary role to run for a minimum of 3 to 4 months, paying £11.54 per hour, after 12 weeks rising to £12.22 for parity. Must be able to work on 4 on 5 off rotating shift pattern rotating 2 days/2 nights (weekend work but not on a Saturday), 39 hours per week.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
The Logistics Operations Worker is involved in the inload and outload of material and product from the factory. This includes the movement and accounting of material into and out of the warehouse, and from the end of line to the point of factory outload.
The Logistics Operations Worker requires a working knowledge of SAP systems for their area of use, as well as current licenses for all Forklift Truck types and related handling equipment. They must be able to conduct manual handling of loads safely and are required to support warehouse and area cleaning. They will support the continuous improvement of factory logistic operations.
Logistics Operations Workers will be trained in the mandated health and safety procedures for the factory and are required to monitor and implement necessary quality standards for material handling and storage. They must have a mind-set that supports our focus on Quality and protection of the environment.
- Use appropriate material handling equipment to move product and materials from and to designated locations to support bulk activities in an efficient and safe manner.
- Build pallets and orders as directed to support successful order fulfilment.
- Safe handling and storage of hazardous materials.
- Stock process - handles delivery and sorting
- Work accurately to control warehouse inventory at acceptable levels.
- Analyse material movements to locate parts, serial number, and quantity change.
- Generate movement documentation.
- Pack parts, perform inventory count, stock material in the appropriate locations.
- Efficiently load/unload trucks, bulk rigs and transports with a forklift.
- Assist the daily housekeeping and maintenance of the warehouse and logistics area.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures relating to product age and quality.
- Conduct inspection and general maintenance of logistic equipment including lubrication, servicing of filters etc. Performs receiving quality inspections as required by policy.
- Monitor quality against set standards and reports any material faults or safe handling/quality issues.
- Reduce costs due to waste and minimise impact to health, safety and the environment through working to eliminate waste and through the correct management of waste and hazardous materials.
- Must be able to work on a 3 or 4 shift rotating pattern with some weekend working.
- Must be flexible within pattern of shift work to accommodate factory shutdowns, training courses etc.
- Minimum GCSE's in Maths and English grade C or above or equivalent This will support recording of data, analysis of machine performance and general teamwork skills with an emphasis on good communication.
- Must have experience with warehouse systems such as SAP.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Must have experience in a similar role.
- Must have valid certificate (within 3 years) - RTITB licence, ITSSAR & AITT.
- Experience of manufacturing in a Fast-Moving Consumer Goods Company.