Our client, one of the UK's leading energy providers, is looking for a Technical Training Author to join the team which is based at our offices at the Cannington Court site near Bridgwater. The Technical Training Author shall be responsible for assisting in the production of both training instructor documentation and student learning resources. The work is spread across EDF Energy's Generation and Hinkley Point C business units.
There may be potential for infrequent travel to the Barnwood (Gloucester) site
- Production of training definition documentation such as lesson plans, simulator exercise guides and other supporting training materials. This will be achieved by working closely with and guided by a team of training analysts and designers. Such materials must comply with the company's established "Systematic Approach to Training" methodologies.
- Production of learning materials written in a learner-centred manner, and again based upon a systematic approach. Materials will need to be clearly organised, interactive, and graphically appealing in order to match modern learner expectations.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Previous experience in the preparation and formatting of documents, presentation material and reports containing a blend of media for example; text, diagrams, Images tables etc
- Well versed in preparation of information using Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with graphical authoring tools may also be beneficial
- Ability to work as a self-motivated and proactive individual.
- Good communication (written and verbal) and ability to liaise with a wide range of stakeholders.
- An appreciation of Light Water Reactor technologies would also be beneficial
- An appreciation of "Systematic Approach to Training" methodologies would be beneficial
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A LONG TERM TEMPORARY CONTRACT WITH MANPOWER
Due to the sheer volume of applications, if you do not hear back within 10 days of submission please assume that you have not been shorlisted on this occasion.