Class 1 Driver (Days - 4 on, 4 off)
£14.00 per hour
Wincanton are looking for Class 1 Drivers who have a passion for customer service to join our team in Doncaster carrying out deliveries for our South Yorkshire Platform contract.
- £14.00 per hour
- £31,580.64 per annum
- 43 hours per week contract
- £17.50 - overtime rate for hours worked over 43
- £15.29 - hours worked between 1800 and 0400
- £19.00 - for hours worked on 5th shift (8 hours pay guaranteed)
- £26.20 - night out allowance
- Overtime opportunities available
- Night out opportunities available
- Newly qualified and inexperienced Class 1 drivers will be considered
Working 4 on, 4 off with the following available start times:
- Starting between 0200 and 0600
- Starting between 0800 and 1100
Main duties include driving curtainside artic lorries carrying out general haulage deliveries to distribution centres and cash & carries across the UK with an average of up to 2 drops and 1 back haul collection per day.
- 20 days holiday entitlement
- Onsite canteen
- Uniform and PPE
- Access to pension scheme
- Share incentive plan
- Discounts including breakdown cover, airport parking and EE Network
- Childcare vouchers
- Medical cash plans
- £500 for recommending a lorry driver friend and your friend also gets £250!
- Responsible for the accurate, timely movement and delivery of our customers' products
- Adhering to safe working practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times
- Securing load of the trailer to ensure products are safely secured to minimise chances of damage
- Provide excellent customer service at all times and to take ownership of customer issues on delivery
- Carry out deliveries within the delivery window in a safe manner
- Be aware of the vehicle defects and bring to the attention of Transport Office as necessary
- Attend essential training in order to carry out the Driver role
- Refuelling vehicle at the end of your shift
- Following socially distanced conditions in line with government guidelines regarding Covid-19
Experience and Qualifications
- Must hold a valid Class 1 licence
- Must hold a valid Digital Tachograph Card
- Must hold a valid Driver Qualification Card (Driver CPC)
- Must have 6 or less points on your licence
- Previous experience in a customer facing role would be an advantage
- Have a positive, flexible attitude to work
- Good timekeeper, with the ability to work unsupervised
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.