Finance Assistant - Rochester
£25,000 per annum
8:30am-4:30pm Monday to Friday
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Finance Assistant to join a growing Manufacturer and Wholesaler in Rochester, Kent.
This role is part of a small hard-working finance team and involves working in a multi-currency, multi-company environment
The main duties of this varied role include:
- Payables/Purchase Ledger processing including coding, matching GRNI, Goods In Transit, and input
- Reconcile Supplier statements to Payables Ledger
- Prepare payment runs
- Deal with supplier queries quickly and effectively
- Banks Reconciliations over multiple accounts
- Preparation and entry of journals
- Credit Control including accounts receivable collection, maintaining and implementing credit limits, application of cash and sending out invoices and statements
- Assist in weekly reporting
- VAT returns
- Assisting in Month End - AR, AP, GRNI and Goods in transit reconciliations
- Prepare all documents for scanning
- Ad-hoc duties to support Finance Officer as required
In order to be successful in the role the Finance Assistant requires a clear understanding of debits/credits and the fundamentals of double entry book-keeping. These principals will have been applied in a similar role encompassing both sides of the ledger.
It is also really important that this person has a good understanding of GRNI (Goods Received Not invoiced), Goods in Transit and multi-currency accounts.
AAT Qualification would be a benefit as well as knowledge of a multi-part system such as SAP or SAGE.
- Owing to the complex nature of this international business the successful Finance Assistant will be a forward thinking individual, can think on their feet, be dynamic in attitude and pro active to take ownership of their work
- As strong communicator the Finance Assistant will be able to keep up with communication by email/telephone and take initiative when resolving queries
- Have a meticulous attention to detail combined with high standards professionally and personally
- Be super organised with the ability to multi-task
- The ability to develop good professional relationships
If interested please apply!