Our client based in Bicester has exciting openings for Emergency Dispatch Operators.
Summary of the job role;
To assist the Emergency Dispatchers in the efficient utilisation and dispatch of emergency, urgent and other resources as appropriate, in accordance with agreed performance targets, policies, plans, procedures
WORK PATTERN: Rotating shift patterns to cover 365 days 24/7
Pay rates: Weekdays - £9.09 , Nights (after 6pm) and Saturdays - £12.27, Sunday - Public Holidays - £15.36
Enhanced DBS will be done if successful
- Experience of working with computerised telephone systems e.g. BCM (Internal Candidates)
- Competent in the use of IT systems, e.g. word processing, emails, internet use
- Experience of working with Windows based programmes
- Experience of operating telephone, radio and data communications systems
- Experience of working in a time pressured environment
What's expected? ;
- To operate the radio, text and computer assisted dispatch systems on behalf of the ED when requested thus ensuring correct and accurate transfer of information, in compliance with DTI and licensing regulations.
- To ensure all vehicle and incident logs are maintained in accordance with Trust policy, paying particular attention to vehicles status, meal-break recording, VOR recording and to ensure that all alterations to the daily crew sheets are recorded in the appropriate manner.
- To ensure that all information recording systems (electronic and paper-based) pertaining to this role are completed and processed according to Trust policy procedure and protocols, current legislation and Caldicott guidelines.
- To assist the EDs in the compilation of exception reports, for example, outlining reasons for delayed dispatch or when KPIs have not been achieved.
- To play an active role in the delivery of the Service response in the event of a Major Incident.
- To be familiar with and to adhere to Trust, policies procedures and KPIs.
- To maintain competency to operate all equipment and information systems used during the course of duties, ensuring the efficient and effective operation and the safe use of equipment at all times, reporting faults in the appropriate manner.
- To provide support to less qualified or experienced staff, offering professional guidance within the remit of this role, and appropriate to the circumstances.
If you're interested, apply today and we will be in touch shortly.