Class 1 Driver (Days)
£31,395 to £34,302.20 per annum
Wincanton are looking for Class 1 Drivers who have a passion for customer service to join our team in Wakefield carrying out store deliveries for our Morrisons contract.
* £31,395 per annum - basic salary
* 5 out of 7 - fixed shifts and rotas available
* Average 2 to 3 drops per shift
* 45 hours per week
* Start times between 0900 and 1030
* £19.07 for hours worked over 45
* £22.24 for hours worked over 50
Predominantly you will be carrying out store deliveries within the region and surrounding areas however on occasions required to trunk to distribution centres throughout the UK.
Additional opportunities for drivers looking for part time work also available.
* £12.71 - hours worked between 0500 and 1100
* £13.97 - hours worked between 1100 and 1700
* £15.25 - hours worked between 1700 and 2359
* £16.51 - hours worked between 0000 and 0500
Potential earnings up to £34,302.20 per annum based on 45 hours per week plus hourly premiums, starting at 1000
* 30 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
* Lunar monthly pay
* Uniform and PPE
* Access to pension scheme
* Share incentive plan
* Discounts including breakdown cover, airport parking and EE Network
* Childcare vouchers
* Medical cash plans
* £500 for recommending a lorry driver friend and your friend also gets £250!
* Ownership for the safe and timely delivery of our customers' products
* Operation of point of delivery technology, the completion of driver checks and documentation
* Carrying out multi-drops of frozen, chilled, produce and ambient products within depot region
* Adhering to Driving legislation and professional competence standards
* Undertaking professional development
* Investing in our award-winning health and safety standards
* Commitment to delivering excellent customer service
* following socially distanced conditions in line with government guidelines regarding Covid-19
Experience and Qualifications
* Must hold a valid Class 1 licence
* Must hold a valid Digital Tachograph Card
* Must hold a valid Driver Qualification Card (Driver CPC)
* Must not have more than 6 points on your licence
* Minimum 2 years Class 1 driving experience
* Previous tail lift experience would be an advantage
* Previous double decker delivery experience would be an advantage
* Previous experience in a customer facing role would be an advantage
* Have a positive, flexible attitude to work
* Good timekeeper, with the ability to work unsupervised
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.