Manpower UK are recruiting on behalf of one of the worlds largest online travel companies for UK Market Managers to join a successful team in the London Office. We are looking for experienced candidates who have worked within the travel industry and a Sales Environment.
Our client is a leading one-stop travel service provider and enables local partners and travellers around the world to make informed and cost-effective bookings for travel products and services, through aggregation of comprehensive travel-related information and resources, and an advanced transaction platform consisting of mobile apps, Internet websites, and 24/7 customer service centres. Founded in 1999 and listed on NASDAQ in 2003, our client has become one of the largest travel companies in the world in terms of gross merchandise value.
Location: London, the UK
- Build and progressively expand the portfolio of local hotel partners by introducing prospective high potential partners to our clients proposition and facilitating the onboarding process
- Promote tour clients brand name and its online reservation services to hotels
- Maintain best rate parity, availability and inventory of responsible hotels
- Advise hotels on regular marketing campaigns and promotions
- Responsible for the assigned market, and conduct the data research and analysis (market, product, competitor, price, supplier, etc.)
- Other assigned tasks and projects etc.
- Fluent in English
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in e-commerce operation, marketing support, hotel reservation and coordination, revenue / yield management and etc.
- Detail oriented and fast learning capability
- Able to work independent with minimal supervision
- Dynamic, positive and a good team player
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Relevant exposure in OTA (online travel experience) environment will have an added advantage
- Legally authorised to work in London
Should you feel you have the relevant experience to fulfil this opportunity, please forward your CV in the first instance.