An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company, is currently seeking a Security Cleared Problem/Incident Manager based on their customer site in Aldermaston. This is a Full-time, permanent role, Monday to Friday then Monday to Thursday alternating weeks, 08:00 and 17:00 to start ASAP. The role is paying up to £40 - £44K depending on experience.
*** Please note SC or DV clearance is essential, DO NOT apply if you don't have this in place***
Within this role you will act as the expert on the best practice of Incident & Problem Management in Operation bridge for processes throughout the support environment.
The role requires you to take responsibility for any high visibility and high impact issues that occur within IT and then assist in providing an excellent support solution throughout the organisation at all levels. Taking ownership for matrix-managing and being able to maintain a strong influence within the IT function to drive the team forward and support delivery of the outlined objectives.
You will work as a team of 4 taking an approach that effectively responds to incidents and requires you to be proactive in following up and resolving major incidents by conducting Incident Reviews, initiating the appropriate Problem Management investigations to identify and address Root Cause, reducing reoccurring incidents as well as effectively reporting on those areas.
- Accountable for providing proactive monitoring and management of systems via the usage of suitable tooling.
- Management and ownership of all Incident and Problem Management processes including a 'P1' Major Incident process.
- Champions Function. Market the services and benefits of the IT Services Bridge; maintain positive public relations profiles with IT and Customers.
- Ensuring that the Operations Bridge is universally accepted as a 'Centre of Excellence' within IT.
- Ensure OPS Bridge is seen as the 'Single View of the Truth' of Delivered Service.
- Production and management of all IT Problem Records, ensure agreed dates and timescales are met and any issues escalated.
- Trend Analysis; ensure that full investigation of issues occurring weekly / monthly with Root Cause and Plans to prevent re-occurrence.
- Ensure Service Delivery information is available and up to date. (Portal, Pager updates, briefing etc).
- Conduct 'IT Customer Surveys' providing feedback to the IT Management and business.
- Where necessary, matrix manage specific teams in the delivery of service via the Operations Bridge function.
- Support Service Management in the delivery of services.
- Develops the capabilities of the service to meet the demands of changing business requirements.
- Minimise Business customer downtime through pro-active management of Incidents and Problems.
- Provide the Senior IT management team with up-to-date information with regards to Service performance
- Deliver Ops Bridge Management of Business-Critical SLA's through proactive Management / Monitoring of Services
- Manage communications with customers, owning escalated issues through to resolution on P1 / P2 Incidents
- Continually improve delivered services and process to ensure Customer Service Levels are met.
- Qualification in ITIL Disciplines and ideally "Service Operation" Related
- Qualification in specific Technical field.
- Experience in IT Service Management, preferably in a Customer relationship position.
- Experience in a specific IT discipline (Telecoms, Infrastructure, Service Desk etc.)
- Experience with dealing with customers and their complaints. Working flexibly to ensure deadlines are met.
- Experience in IT, Incident and Problem Management essential.
- A Degree in a relevant subject area.
*** Please note SC or DV clearance is required for this role ***