I am pleased to be supporting my Client with their search for experienced Process Technicians to work in their World Class Manufacturing Plant. As a Process Technician your main activities include the technical chemical treatment of scrap materials, working with overhead cranes, JCB Buckets & B3 level/weight FLT, whilst maintaining site health & safety always.
What will your day look like as a Process Technician?
- Assembling and weighing scrap mixes for charges
- charging scrap to furnaces
- metal sampling, analysis, and compositional control & quality analysis
- furnace cleaning; molten metal transfer
- molten metal casting
- Quality checking
- Follow SOP's & suggestions for change.
- Continuous improvement plans
- COSH/IOSH experience & extensive Health & Safety Scheduling
- Using 5s methodology
- Working to LEAN manufacturing principles
- Use of SAP to ensure that all MRP & ERP systems are updated with stock & flow of the product once the process has been complete.
Additionally you will be unloading scrap from vehicles; scrap quality checks; assembling scrap mixes; feeding the shredder; molten metal sampling, analysis and compositional control; furnace cleaning; molten metal transfer; molten metal casting; ingot movement/identification; quality checks; ingot dispatch.
Ideally you should have technical experience of machine & plant operations & some, or all of the following:
- JCB bucket,
- heavy duty articulated machines,
- overhead cranes up to 43t lifting capacity,
- a shredder, a variety of conveying equipment,
- an ingot saw,
- working with furnaces/heat treatment s
The environment: There are different requirements for different areas of the plant & in the Melt and DC areas technicians will be required to work near molten aluminium at approximately 725°C. with 5 fume treatment plants, 7 melting furnaces, 3 holding furnaces and 2 preheating furnaces.
All technicians are expected to work in either plant once training has been successfully completed and are always expected to work safely and in an environmentally acceptable manner.
What hours & shifts will you work? Working in teams of 3 or 4, across continual shift patterns you will work 2 days 0640 - 1840, 2 nights 1840 - 0640 then 4 days off in between shifts. You can work overtime when on your days down at an enhanced rate of pay. This is a 24/7 - 365 operation & Bank Holidays are paid at enhanced rate in addition to an attractive salary.
The application process: Prior to being submitted to the Client, you will need to complete an online assessment for basic maths, literacy & Health & Safety via Manpower, for which a minimum bench-marking score is required.
Although experience is required for this role, my Client welcomes applicants who are graduates in a relatable field who are looking to develop skills in the industry. If you would like to be considered for this role, then please click apply now & send your CV for consideration.