My Client is a leading manufacturer of candy, honey & snack foods & there is an excellent vacant position to work as a Multi Skilled Night Shift Engineer (mech bias with some electrical experience required). This is an exciting time to join the Team, as there are some operational & machinery changes planned & you will play a critical part in the advancement of the factory & how it operates.
The role is working 40 hours per week working our night shift pattern of Sunday to Thursday night 10pm-6am.
You will report to the Engineering Manager, & will effectively carry out planned, predictive and reactive maintenance of the plant, whilst ensuring that all equipment is maintained collectively and in a timely manner in order for manufacturing processes to operate efficiently with minimal or no down time..
What do we need from you?
- Efficient diagnosis and correction of electrical and mechanical faults site-wide
- Installation and commissioning of all new and repaired machinery and equipment
- Assist manufacturing with machinery adjustments, changeovers and set up
- Machine performance improvements and reduction of downtime, and supporting continuous improvement initiatives
- Daily responsible will include:
- The daily reporting of breakdowns v PPMs activities
- Prioritization of repair work
- Planning and Monitoring machine performance
- Working with the Planning Department to negotiate machine availability
- Monitoring failure
- Supporting External Contractors
- Technical support for production when required
- To maintain the highest standards in housekeeping, adopting a clean as you go policy
- To maintain the highest standards in completing paperwork and works sign off, ensuring the teams maintain standards
- Supporting with Capital Projects development and implementation.
- Support the CI culture and related projects across the engineering and Production departments
What do you need to demonstrate to be successful in your application?
- Relevant engineering qualification.
- Multi Skilled Engineer - Mechanically bias with strong electrical knowledge is essential.
- Able to prove competency in all forms of isolation, electrical safety and safe panel entry
- Experience of FMCG operations
- PC Literate (thereby able to use computer-based maintenance systems)
- Health and Safety driven
- Able to strip machines in full and reassemble them, as well as completing machine size change procedures and their adjustments
Does this sound like the challenge you have been looking for? Then I look forward to receiving your CV in application.