Our client, one of the UK's leading energy providers is looking to recruit an experienced PA withing their Regulatory Interface and External Oversight Department.
The successful candidate will a provide proactive and coherent PA/Administration support to the Head of RI&EO and their Lead Team. As well as providing a professional interface between manager and their department, the company and all external stakeholders. They will be required to act as the point of contact for the Head of RI&EO and liaise with internal/external stakeholders including the Generation Exec, Station Directors and External Regulatory bodies.
Scope of role:
- Provides support to the Head of RI&EO and their Lead Team.
- Controls the Head of RI&EO's calendar ensuring invitations and meetings are manageable.
- Manages the Head of RI&EO's email inbox ensuring manager is kept aware of urgent issues.
- Keeps track of outstanding items and ensures the Head of RI&EO is prepared with relevant information and papers for meetings.
- Logs and tracks progress of actions arising from meetings, and provides timely prompts to manager to complete
- Prioritises meetings and tasks for Head of RI&EO and self
- Arranges external meetings and site visits ensuring appropriate security access is obtained.
- Co-ordinates travel arrangements ensuring the most cost effective option is utilised
- Processes expenses on behalf of Head of RI&EO through Concur ensuring accurate reconciliations are recorded and submitted
- Composes emails and other correspondence when required.
- Builds and maintains networks, close contact and excellent working relationships with PAs across the Company.
- Treats any confidential and/or sensitive information respectfully and with integrity.
- Carries out related ad hoc tasks as and when required.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Professional Secretarial Qualifications
- Experience of working as a PA at senior management level
- Computer literate, proficient in the use of SAP, Concur, MyHR, and Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong administration, organisation and communication qualities
- Proactive with the ability to work on own initiative delivering tasks on time
- Possesses capability to prioritise workload and multi-task
- Maintains high level of mutual trust with manager and Lead Team
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organisation both written and verbally and get results without alienating others
- Be adaptable to new situations / tasks and quickly learns new information / systems
- Co-operates, works with and supports team members to achieve team / department goals.
- Composed attitude towards changing priorities.
- Ability to work through problems and identify solutions quickly
- Pays attention to detail
Please note; if successful you will be employed by Manpower working on a temporary ongoing basis with our client, the duration of the role is until the end of December 2021 with scope of extending for the right candidate. You will be expected to undertake a drugs and alcohol test as well as be security checked to BPSS and CTC levels.
Key Benefits working with Manpower:
- 36 days holiday accrual (pro-rata) including bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Access to client facilities onsite
- Access to Manpower's online training platform 'powerYOU', giving you access to hundreds of online training courses
- Opportunity to be selected for additional upskilling and career support through Manpower's MyPath programme
- Dedicated Manpower Account Specialist to provide support during your assignment
This role is managed by our Manpower on-site team and not related to the Bristol office - PLEASE DO NOT CALL BRISTOL OFFICE REGARDING THIS ROLE - if you have not heard from Manpower within 15 business days of submitting your application then unfortunately your application has not been shortlisted at this time.