An opportunity has arisen for a Systems Engineer to join our client based in Luton (LU3). This is a temporary role until February 2022, working 37 hrs per week Monday to Thursday 8.00am - 4.30pm & Friday 8.00am - 1.00pm paying £35-£40 per hour depending on experience PAYE only, with immediate starts.
**All successful candidates are required to undergo a Drugs Screening before starting on site**
Our client invents and manufactures technologies that address some of the world's most critical challenges around energy, safety, security, productivity and global urbanisation. They are uniquely positioned to blend physical products with software to support connected systems that improve homes, buildings, factories, utilities, vehicles and aircraft, and that enable a safer, more comfortable and more productive world. Our solutions enhance the quality of life of people around the globe and create new markets and even new industries.
- Implementing and maintaining configuration and test processes for electronic products. This would include creating manufacturing software specifications that incorporate existing production database and manufacturing equipment requirements
- Managing the implementation and working with suppliers to ensure key deliverables are met on time
- Benchmarking the manufacturing process and ensure key quality metrics like Right-first time are being met, and cycle times are optimal and sustainable.
- Automation of data processing to ensure manufacturing data is supplied to key stakeholders in a timely and reliable manner
- Documenting process procedures and ensuring HSE requirements are met and documented properly
- Maintenance of manufacturing processes to ensure quality rates, cycle times and reliable operation are sustained.
- Creating manufacturing software specifications
- Driving New Product Introduction projects
- Automating data processes
- Maintenance/monitoring of existing software processes and databases
Skills and Experience
- Problem solving
- Self-motivated, but also able to work well in a team
- Well-organised and able to hit key milestones and deadlines
- Database administration/design
- Data encryption techniques
- Microsoft MSSQL experience
- Net/C# Knowledge beneficial
- SAP interfaces experience beneficial
- XML experience beneficial
- FTP/SFTP file transfer experience
- Experience in manufacturing production environments
- Project and workload management experience