Health & Safety Assistant - £25-30k - Sunderland
Are you a health and safety professional looking for their next career move with long term progression opportunities?
Do you wish to work for an international leader who employ over 2000 staff worldwide?
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities;
- To provide support and assist the relevant departmental heads in progressing and maintaining an effectively functioning Integrated Management System (IMS)
- To promote the company policies contained in the management manuals.
In addition, you will also be required to assist the SHEQ Manager with the day to day running of the SHEQ functions. This will include but will not be restricted to;
- To record and investigate accidents incidents and near misses and agree corrective actions with the management team.
- To carry out audits of the sites including PTW audits both historic and live.
- To review training needs and document requirements in agreement with departmental heads.
- To co-ordinate data collection, evaluate and report to the SHEQ Manager as required.
- To maintain the system of Supplier Approval.
Your normal contractual working week is 42 hours per week and will be worked from Monday to Thursday between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm and 8:30 to 4:30pm Friday with 30 minutes unpaid for lunch. These hours may be varied with reasonable notice subject to the needs of the business.
Sound interesting, apply today…