Manpower are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of our client based in Northampton for a Kitchen Porter to join their team on a Temporary basis with an immediate start!
Hours of work: 48 hours per week
Pay rate: £9.25 p/h
Your Primary Purpose
The role of Kitchen porter exists to ensure the hygiene of the kitchen and refuse areas are kept to the highest standards as set out by the kitchen food safety management system. All checklists to be completed as set out by the Head Chef and the pot wash area maintained and cleaned as required.
Your Key Responsibilities
Your key responsibilities in your role are:
- To ensure that COSHH guidelines are adhered to at all times maintaining the safety of the kitchen
- Safeguard regulatory compliance by ensuring the highest standards of food safety, cleanliness, personal hygiene, housekeeping and safe working practices
- To complete and follow instructions as directed to ensure the highest standards are achieved at all times
- To maintain the pot wash area to the highest of standards ensuring kitchen equipment is available at all times to aid the smooth operation of service
- To ensure that all waste bins are regularly emptied to avoid overfilling and hygiene and maintain a high level of tidiness in the outside refuse area
Your Professional Skills and Experience:
Your professional skills and experience will include.
- Basic IT skills
- Foundation cooking skills
Your Education and Qualifications:
The level of education and qualifications required for this role are:
- English language, written and spoken
- Food hygiene level 1 certification
- NVQ/GNVQ level 1 or Equivalent
- NVQ/GNVQ 2
- Food hygiene level 2 certification
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!