An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading utilities company as a Street Works Administrative Assistant x 3, based in Slough, SL2 5NA. This a full-time temporary ongoing contract, working 40 hours per week office based between 8.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday with overtime during evenings and weekends which will be home based, paying £12.19 per hour.
*Please note if successful you will undergo a global sanctions check**
Supports the Street Works Team Leader as necessary with specific responsibility for delivering competent Street Works administration and control.
The compliant delivery of Street Works obligations under the New Roads and Street Works Act and the Traffic Management Act including charge management and lettering as directed, specifically;
- Street Work noticing administration of Operations notices/permits.
- Opening, monitoring and closing of legally compliant Street Work notice requests for Major and defect works within core systems.
- Managing the receipt, start, registration and close out of Local Authority and Highway defects.
- Processing of reinstatement works, from promotion to Reinstatement Partner to completion of work
- Monitoring reinstatement compliance under the relevant Street Works Acts
- Supporting the Street Works and Delivery Managers in their representations to and negotiations with Local Authorities, Highways Agency, Transport for London and all other relevant stakeholders.
Processes involved to capture and deliver Street Works services, including:
- Compliance with mandated business processes
- Working in accordance with all relevant Street Works work procedures as directed by the Team Leader
- Assurance of data capture process (from creation of data in the field to capture in NG Core Systems)
- Prepares and distributes weekly, monthly and annual Street Works reports as requested
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in NRSWA administration within a relevant organisation is desirable
- SAP essential
- Experience with finance and processing orders is essential
- IT literate with functional knowledge of MS Office programs in particular Excel
- Capable of developing a functional knowledge of and thereafter competently using National Grid's IT systems.
- Competent written and oral communication skills