Our client is a global electronic manufacturing solutions provider in Dublin 15. They employ over 180,000 people, across 100 sites around the world. They have enjoyed continuous, uninterrupted growth, over the last 4 years here in Ireland and are currently expanding their team as a result of business demands.
Procuring all components necessary to support production or prototype builds. In conjunction, responsibilities include; accomplishing the best possible pricing, lead time agreements, resolution of quality issues, delivery and inventory levels.
- Participate in decision making of MPS loading through proper materials sizing.
- Analyse, maintain, and execute Materials Requirement Plan (MRP).
- Continuously monitor and verify materials pipeline to ensure it meets the MRP requirements.
- Identify and appropriately address materials supply issues.
- Ensure materials availability to support production per the Master Production Schedule through MRP execution, on-time delivery, and coordination of materials movement through receiving to production.
- Proactively eliminate materials liabilities for the client by clearly understanding the ownership (supplier / customer).
- Track and provide support data to BOM to clearly define customer liable materials. Execute and maximise clients negotiated terms with suppliers to reduce materials liability.
- Issue and create Purchase Orders to pricing, terms & conditions that are negotiated and agreed to by clients Commodity Managers and Buyers.
- Monitor, track, and provide feedback on supplier's performance on delivery, quality, and service.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Other ad hoc duties may be assigned.
- Experience in leading process improvements / lean manufacturing activities in a manufacturing environment is advantageous
- Third level qualification in Supply Chain or other related discipline
- 1-2 years experience working as a Buyer. May substitute experience in lieu of educational requirements.
- Previous SAP experience.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Comprehensive suite of benefits.
- Opportunity for progression in a Global business.
For more information contact Gary Morrison on 01-6455221 or email@example.com