Bid Manager - 9-12 Month FTC
Starting Salary: £44,205
About the role:
Here at Babcock International we're looking for a Bid Manager to join us at HMNB Devonport, one of the largest naval bases in Western Europe. We're a key strategic partner to our customers; the MOD and the Royal Navy. We ensure that the UK Royal Navy goes to sea safely by supporting them in Devonport and around the world, delivering complex ship and submarine sustainment programmes and applying our core strengths of technology and expertise to sustain critical and complex assets to help maintain national security.
As a Bid Manager you will collate a £350 million bid, reviewing all bid documentation and deliverables. This will include managing the Tender through the appropriate governance/assurance reviews and through negotiations until Contract award.
Key elements of the post include, but not limited to:
* Work closely with the Project Manager and Commercial Manager (both for BN06 and Astute) to provide general support with all activities associated with the Bid Submission.
* Review all bid deliverables to ensure that these meets business processes and the requirements of the customer
* Set up a SharePoint area to manage the Bid Documentation and configuration control. This includes managing the Document Review Process.
* Coordinate the Governance Review Meetings which includes; setting up the meetings, tracking actions and formalising Meeting packs.
* Assist the Project Manager and Commercial Manager with (both for BN06 and Astute) Bid strategy development and implementation.
* Support the Project Manager and Commercial Manager (both for BN06 and Astute) with the negotiation phase.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll be educated to Degree level in a relevant discipline and have significant experience of Bid Management in a similar environment or industry.
We would also like you to hold experience in the following:
* Proven experience in the field of Bid Support and/or project management in an appropriate sector.
* Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills (written and oral) and ideally good understanding of Bid Management principles and methodologies.
* Experience within the Naval Marine Industry, or other highly regulated industry (but not essential).
What else do I need to know?
The successful candidate will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
Babcock offers a supportive environment including: enhanced employment terms and conditions, money purchase pension scheme with life assurance, share ownership scheme, Occupational Health services, career opportunities and specialist advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams. Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts.
We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing date: 21st September 2021