Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GB, GL51 6SR
About the role
Here at Babcock Onshore we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Buyer based in our Onshore Office at Gloucestershire Airport near Cheltenham which will support the aviation fleet in the UK.
We are looking for innovators to collaborate with us on our transformation journey and make a positive impact on our business, bringing big ideas and solving complex problems.
You'll serve a key role within the team leading and ensuring that materials and services are delivered on time and provide value for money, always keeping in mind our customers' targets. Our team of procurement professionals support our customer contracts and provide all kinds of solutions.
This would suit someone looking to lead a small team of Operational Buyers and work on the more strategic side of a procurement department. You won't have any direct reports but you will mentor the Buyers. We are a team of 10 with room to grow.
- Create sourcing strategy with vendors to maximise value for Babcock Aviation. Aiming to improve payment terms, warranty and controlling cost
* Hold regular reviews with key vendors ensuring a positive relationship between the two parties. Focusing on delivery, cost, on-time payment and pricing disputes
* Responsible for creating, negotiating and amending contracts for Parts and Services related to the respective OpCo
* To action requisitions and obtain quotations for new aircraft parts, standard exchanges, repairs orders and indirect requirements in order to obtain the most cost effective solution and efficient delivery to meet the requirements of the business
* To ensure that all requisitions are completed correctly and rejected where the procedure has not been followed
* Responsible for receipting indirect orders once requisitioner has confirmed order has been completed/ fulfilled
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need a strong Operational Purchasing background, able to create contracts and have a commercial bias on your CV.
What else do I need to know?
The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online using PC, Laptop or Mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click
here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing date: 26/10/2021