Manpower are currently looking to recruit a Senior NPD Technologist to join a growing NPD team.
- Recipe development.
- Sourcing new raw materials / identifying new suppliers / obtaining costs/specifications.
- Sample preparation / distribution to customers.
- Conducting NPD trials (including preparation and reporting).
- Organising nutritional analysis.
- Organising, conducting, and reporting on competitor benchmarking sessions.
- Completing specifications and sample submission forms.
- Reviewing and approving artwork.
- Keeping up to date with the latest food trends.
- Deputise for Head of NPD Manager as required.
- Development and delivery of new product ideas.
- Identifying potential for market growth.
- Responsible for specific customer accounts and the management and delivery of concepts and recipes.
- Responsibility of projects from concept through to launch.
- Developing products with an awareness of current food and consumer trends.
- Working cross functionally to ensure all concepts are costed correctly prior to customer presentations.
- Ensure the NPD process is followed.
- Ensure all development paperwork is completed and up to date.
- Progressing multiple projects through the NPD system from brief to launch, including keeping key personnel aware of any updates.
- Working closely with the commercial teams to ensure product briefs are understood and NPD is fit for purpose.
- Managing the critical path and development process for projects.
- Arranging and conducting factory trials and first production runs with the Production team.
- Participating in the completion of QAS standards for NPD products
- Experience in a similar role is essential.
- Creative thinker and innovative problem solver.
- Able to manage workloads, be flexible and cope with demand to achieve deadlines.
- Good communicator to all levels.
- Passion for food, ingredients and new ideas.
- Flexibility towards working hours.
- Computer literate.
If you are interested in this position please apply with your CV or call 01472 361616.