Collection & Delivery Drivers
Leicester+ L3 1TQ
Up to £12.73 per hour
Would you like to earn a bit extra in time for Christmas this year? Then join Parcelforce via Manpower as a Collection & Delivery Driver and let’s get the festive season delivered.
There are some great benefits on offer, including:-
- 40 hours guaranteed per week
- 28 days paid holiday (pro rata)
- Access to Manpower Rewards (Discounts on adventure days)
- Access to the MyPath upskilling programme
Your day will typically start between 6:00 & 8.30am (end time between 17:00 – 19:00) and your duties will include:
- Sorting out parcels, loading your vehicle and planning your route
- Delivering to, and collecting a range of parcels and goods from, households & commercial businesses
- Scanning parcels on and off route to ensure tracking information is available to customers and colleagues
- Carrying out daily vehicle checks to ensure everyone receives a timely and highly professional service
To succeed, you’ll need a full UK manual driving licence (with no more than 6 points) covering vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes plus the ability to drive an extra-long wheel-base vehicle.
You’ll also need:
- A positive approach and the ability to lift and carry parcels weighing up to 30kg.
- Good time keeping and customer service skills
- A professional appearance and attitude
- Confidence when dealing with people
- The ability to work well as part of a team and on your own initiative
- Flexibility about working hours that can include Saturdays
A good geographical knowledge of the area would be an advantage, but is not essential.
So, don’t delay, take the first step towards earning some extra cash for Christmas. Apply now.
Part of the Royal Mail Group, but with our own unique identity, our hub and spoke collection and delivery system has 54 depots across the UK, while our National Hub in Coventry covers 24,000 square metres, is a quarter of a mile long and can handle as many as 58,500 parcels an hour via 178 loading bays.
Manpower and Parcelforce are committed to providing an environment that is inclusive for all. We celebrate diversity by recognising that all people have different needs and are able to contribute in different ways. We promote behaviours and working practices which recognise and value the difference between people and help them to fulfil their potential.