Job Title: Senior EC&I Engineer
Location: Leicester - with Agile working available c3 days per week remote
Business Unit: Cavendish Nuclear
About the role:
The Senior EC&I Engineer manages the delivery of engineering and technical activities, through the application of process, domain knowledge and experience.
At this level; an experienced engineer, high level of developed knowledge in a specialist subject area within EC&I, resolves specific technical issues and problems, compiles technical reports and accompanying presentations, provides, reviews and adheres to specifications in accordance with stakeholder requirements. Coaches, mentors and assists others on matters pertaining to their own discipline, developing business awareness, builds strong working relationships with stakeholders, works independently with limited technical direction or as part of a small team.
This is the level for an experienced engineer working with a high level of developed knowledge in a specialist subject area; the role is directly accountable for designs, developments and determines solutions to problems and issues within a specialist subject area.
Able to work on a range of engineering problems involving high levels of complexity & uncertainty. Provides help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working, and their development.
The role must be fully aware of and adhere to Health & Safety standards and be fully familiar with all authorised documentation, Good Practice Guides and ISO standards.
* Promote effective co-operation across Engineering and other functional teams
* Assist in effective management of the customer, including liaison and relationship development with existing and new customers, to aid the development of business, resolution of technical and delivery issues, and such that the customer is fully briefed and informed of progress
* Ensure procedures, codes and standards are correctly identified and applied to engineering and technical activities
* Ensure procedures, codes and standards are correctly identified and applied to engineering and technical activities.
* Contribute to Project Safety Assessment process
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
You should have an engineering degree (or equivalent qualification) in relevant Electrical Control & Instrumentation engineering discipline, with significant demonstrable experience.
You should also have experience in working collaboratively in multi-discipline teams to deliver activities on a range of project types, demonstrable experience in covering a variety of tasks across a range of complexities, good communications skills and the ability to interface with other disciplines
We would like you to be a member of a relevant institute or significant demonstrable engineering experience and capable of registration with the Engineering Council as either a IEng or CEng. We would also like you to have experience in managing engineering scope for Projects from concept design to full Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) and breadth and depth of experience in a range of commercial or defence projects
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy life cycle.
All applications should be made online using PC, Laptop or Mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers site. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.