A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Supply Chain Manager to join our clients engineering teams in Bracknell, this is a temporary role until April 2022 , paying between £30.75 per hour PAYE.
**All candidates that are successful will be subject to completion of our clients vetting scheme which included DBS and Global Sanctions**
The purpose of this position is to develop and implement sourcing strategies for assigned category(s) of spend. This position is an integral part of the Supply Management team, working closely with Category Managers, Category Specialist, SC Leaders, SC Expeditors and business stakeholders to deliver value and achieve organizational goals.
- Define, develop and maintain formal documented subcontractor strategy, using market and competitive data
- Work across teams to ensure business requirements are met providing the most beneficial total cost of ownership.
- Negotiate price, payment terms, and other delivery-and performance-related terms with selected subcontractors using applicable negotiation strategies to achieve results
- Develop KPIs and manage performance throughout life of subcontract agreement including quality programs and continuous improvement processes
- Build strong subcontractor relationships and understanding of assigned category
- Record savings achieved during negotiation in accordance with standard HBS Honeywell policy.
- Communicate performance against strategy on a scheduled basis
- Proactively engage with category managers and estimating team in their front-end planning during estimation to understand requirements and develop SCM plans/strategies
- Provide proposal support tied to the business area needs. This includes initiating
- Requests for Proposals (RFP), reviewing/analyzing responses and providing guidance to
the program during the subcontractor selection process.
Identify subcontractors to meet business requirements, ensure they are qualified in accordance with standard Honeywell HBS policies.
Provide input and work with subcontractors in managing functional/technical specs where appropriate
Review subcontractor requested modifications to Honeywell standard Terms and Conditions, if necessary, enter into negotiations.
- Create subcontractor delivery schedule / milestones in conjunction with operations based on project requirements.
- Convert requisitions into subcontract purchase orders, reviewing applicable documentation for conformance with Honeywell requirements. (Contract prepared by CS - PR PO conversion done by Expeditor)
- Throughout the performance period, communicate regularly with stakeholders on subcontractor performance, and take action when necessary to remedy unsatisfactory performance (claim preparation / resolution) in accordance with terms and conditions.
- Work with supply chain expediters as necessary to resolve escalated/ urgent invoice resolution issues
- Drive the use of preferred subcontractors and incorporate / increase the use of negotiated catalogues
- Assist in auditing business purchase activity in accordance with standard Honeywell policies.
Support implementation of Common Process/Systems, and other supply chain initiatives as required.
- Increase effective utilization and adoption of procurement tool set including e-sourcing, I -Many , e-invoice, catalogues..etc.
- Track and drive continuous improvement in PO compliance and sourcing efficiency ( no touch PO)
- Preferably the candidate should have:
Bachelor's Degree or University diploma - technical degree preferred. Masters degree preferred.
§ 5-8 years business Experience preferred, including 3-5 years in a relevant sourcing related capacity (i.e. strategic sourcing).
§ Proven track record in category management.
§ Experience with SAP, Oracle or similar procurement systems preferred.
§ Strong communication skills - verbal and written, ability to communicate effectively to varied audiences (cross cultural)
§ Strong leadership skills
§ Proven track record that includes working collaboratively with supply teams and Engineering/Technical individuals regarding management of statement of work requirements and subcontractor deliverables
§ Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, Outlook
§ Self-motivated, able to perform role with minimal supervision, taking ownership and demonstrate sense of urgency
§ Able to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
§ Ability to work in a team environment to consistently achieve results
§ Strong organizational skills
§ Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with internal customers and Honeywell subcontractors to meet or exceed business objectives.
§ Proven experience in subcontractor negotiations, comprehensive understanding of commercial terms and conditions related to procurement of goods and services, and supply contracts
§ Experience in multicultural environment
§ Preferred: Six Sigma green belt, CIPS, CPM, Lean, APICS
§ Demonstrated proficiency in English both written and verbal.
§ Other language requirements as applicable