An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Global Brand Manager to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, based at their prestigious facility in Blackfriars, London, 2 days per week based in the office and the rest working from home. This is a full-time temporary role lasting up to 3rd June 2022, working a 36.25-hour week, to start ASAP. This role is paying up to £41,000 pro rata per annum, depending on experience.
Some flexibility to working hours will be required (usually between 8am to 6pm) to be able to connect with people globally.
Sunsilk is the 9th most chosen FMCG brand globally, reaching 23.5% of the global population. While it is one of the largest global brands in the world, Sunsilk has the unique strength of being both a global and local brand - built on years of deeply understanding local hair and life insights and landing this in over 40 markets with agility.
Sunsilk offers hair care made for the sidewalk, where the lives of our real girl happen - not the catwalk. We've always been innovators, inspired by the lives and needs of our girls - they've provided our direction over the years. We are known to offer a rainbow of variants designed for diverse hair needs, with core best-sellers that vary in each of our stronghold markets. Sunsilk's best-selling products that are primarily in the shampoo format, making up approximately 80% of the business.
Sunsilk believes in opening up possibilities for girls everywhere. We want to unleash the power in brand to matter more to girls; both in their hair and their lives, so they can embrace every possibility on the sidewalk. We want to see girls everywhere thriving, but it's still a struggle. Our role in the world is to help open up possibilities for them so they can feel encouraged to imagine a brighter future and then go and live it.
This role has a critical scope. You would be responsible for laying the foundations of the brand's future growth by bringing the fun into haircare - through innovative products, lead through design innovation, which gives the girls hair too good to stay home and inspires them to explore!
We are looking for someone who have a passion to understand the consumer, to find their pain points and 'design' innovation that solves their problems, to be on the leading edge of latest trends across categories to bring it back and apply in haircare. We are looking at craftsmanship -people who take pride in creating and crafting solutions that make a difference to our consumer. And we are looking at people who love to learn and bring more agile marketing principles that help experiment faster, fail faster, and when it works, scale faster.
It's a significant opportunity to work with consumers across the key markets from Indonesia, Thailand, India, Turkey, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico on the core of the biggest hair care brand in UL, and with a great team to work with that is passionate to help girls explore opportunities across the world!
- Lead project network with cross-functional teams to ensure on-time STT
- Lead set up of consumer research with CMI in alignment with approved learning plan
- Work jointly with the Senior Brand Manager to deliver locally nuanced concepts per market
- Brief agency on delivery of concept visuals
- Co-lead lead Investor Board process and support Senior BM in delivery of pre-reads
- Co-lead handover process to Engagement team
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver roadmap including superior product technology and superior claims
- Regular connects with local marketing to align on key discussion points
- Experience in Global Brand Development with significant work on innovation development and delivery.
- Personal care/beauty FMCG marketing experience essential.
- Need to have NPD Experience on projects that have rolled out in Asia and/or LatAm.
- Working with cross-functional teams
- Partnering lead strategic & adaptive agencies
- Budget management
- Problem-solver, able to drive the way forward with speed and agility
- Sharp communicator, able to articulate clear point of view
- Strong consumer and brand insights
- Problem-solver - can identify and clearly articulate an issue and propose solutions
- Curious and has empathy (asks the right questions, is externally focused and obsessed with trying to understand consumers better)
- Experience in effectively managing the relationship with external agencies.