Our Client is an international recycler of a wide range of raw, hazardous & used materials & goods, & we are happy to be supporting them in finding a Chemist to support the Team at their Knowsley Waste Transfer Station.
You will be working on a busy waste management site, providing technical support & basic chemical analysis for the operation, ensuring efficient management of material receipt, dispatch and on-site storage.
What will your day look like?
- To carry out inspection, analysis and routing for incoming wastes.
- Arrange and prepare waste for outgoing loads ensuring all loads meet all required legislation.
- To maintain the highest standards of housekeeping across site.
- To provide 'hands on' assistance on site wherever necessary.
- To ensure stock is managed and stored in accordance with legislation, guidance and local procedures.
- To liaise with customer service and technical assessment departments to resolve issues such as non-conformance.
- To forge and maintain effective working relationships with sales colleagues to maximise turnover and profitability.
- To assist the site management team in ensuring compliance with the Company's Health and Safety and business systems policies.
- To ensure relevant records are maintained and adherence to systems and procedures.
- To provide cover for waste transfer station manager during periods of annual leave, sickness or as required by business needs.
- To assist in maintenance tasks where necessary.
- To foster motivation throughout the operations team.
- Any other reasonable duty as requested by the waste transfer station manager.
It is essential that all works are completed in accordance with compliance with the site Permit, environmental, health, safety and transport legislation whilst also complying with the relevant company policies and procedures.
- A scientific/environmental qualification at HNC level as a minimum.
- Effectively communicate with all areas of the business.
- Computer literacy especially in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- SAP is a desirable
- Problem solving and decisiveness.
The work involved in the safe operation of the site, will require the chemist to perform a number of manual duties, outdoors and in various weather conditions. Operation of mobile and fixed plant will also be a requirement for which training is provided.
- Good knowledge of available waste treatment options and the ability to route waste to different outlets.
- Committed, flexible and pragmatic team player.
- Professional approach.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work without supervision.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right Candidate & further advancement & training will be offered as part of your induction to the business.
I look forward to receiving your application